Let It Be Known
Get a Glimpse: 17 powerful facts our industry’s business of promotional products and its effective results.
- One in 10 consumers owns between one and 10 promotional products.
- Once every week, 53% of these people use a promotional product.
- Six in 10 of them keep these promotional products for up to two years.
- Only one in five people will throw away an unwanted promotional product.
- With nearly six thousand impressions, bags generate more impressions than any other promotional product in Canada.
- Thirty-one percent of consumers in Canada own a promotional bag.
- Promotional Products are a desired form of advertising: 48% of consumers would like to receive promotional products more often.
- Consumers hang on to promotional products for an average of 6.6 months – longer than any coupon, newspaper ad, or commercial.
- 69% of consumers would pick up a promotional product if they deemed it useful – key word “Useful”.
- 89% of consumers can recall the advertiser of a promotional product they’d received in the last two years – now that is longevity.
- 91% of consumers have at least one promotional product in their kitchen, 74% have at least one in their workspace, 55% have at least one in their bedroom – They are everywhere you want to be.
- 77% of consumers say a promotional product’s usefulness is the number-one reason to keep it, with health and safety products, computer products and writing instruments ranked as the most useful.
- The top five buyers of promotional products are clients in education, finance, not-for-profit, healthcare, and construction.
- Wearables are the top product category, followed by writing instruments, bags, calendars and drinkware.
- Logoed mugs in particular are more effective advertising than radio and television spots; 57% of people were able to recall the advertiser on a mug, versus 32% of radio and 28% of T.V.
- Adding a promotional product to the media mix increases the effectiveness of other media by up to 44% – great addition to your existing campaign.
- Promotional products draw as many as 500% more referrals from satisfied customers than an appeal letter alone – a thank you gift can go a long way.